The boys over at the APBR metrics board are asking who should be MVP. I think that if we use the ridge-adjusted plus minus ratings, we can get a good answer.
I converted each player's worth into a total efficiency differential (Offensive RAPM times Minutes% for Offense, etc), then looked at how much worse we would expect their team to be without the player. I converted efficiency ratings into "pWins" or "pythagorean wins" by doing Offensive Rating^14/(ORTG^14 + DRTG^14).
HERE ARE THE RESULTS
- ► 2012 (19)
- Dirk for MVP!
- My Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy RPI
- Here We Go!!! (Into overtime!)
- Updated Bracket Picks (Expected Wins)
- Top Final Fours
- Official Tournament Picks, CONTINUED....
- OFFICIAL Tournament Picks, VERSION ONE
- S-Curve Madness: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- The Humans are a Little Too Impressed...
- Unranked Lurkers
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (25)